Ordering a repeat prescription
There are several different ways to order your prescription.
- Help the NHS by ordering online using the NHS App or Patient Access.
- Call the NHS Prescription Ordering Direct service (POD) on 01474 555800, it is an easy way for you to order your repeat prescription. Open 8am-4pm.
- Please do not visit the surgery to request or collect prescriptions in person.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org: emails need to include your name, your date of birth, the name of your GP surgery, the items you require and the name of the pharmacy that you would like to collect your prescription from.
- Use the Online Form: Please only use this as a last resort as it requires a staff member to re-request the medication for you.
We do not accept prescription requests on the telephone, as it is medically unsafe to do so.
Problems ordering your prescription online?
Use the Patient Access Support Centre before you call us.
We now send electronic prescriptions directly to local pharmacies. Please let us know which pharmacy you would like set up for your prescriptions. It takes 3 working days to process a request before it is ready for collection.
If you need assistance or have a query about your prescription, please speak with a Prescription Clerk who is available every morning between 0900 – 1300. Press option 3 when you dial the main surgery number.
Prescription Ordering Direct
Call the NHS Prescription Ordering Direct service (POD) on 01474 555800, it is an easy way for you to order your repeat prescription.
You can call from the comfort of your own home – there’s no need to go into your GP practice or pharmacy.
You’ll also speak to a trained prescription clerk who can discuss your needs and can ensure that you’ll only order medication when you need it – saving the NHS money to spend on other important services.
This service launched on the 9th January 2017 and is available Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 8am to 4 pm for patients.
Who will you be talking to?
The POD will be staffed by dedicated, experienced and fully trained prescribing clerks and clinical members of the Medicines Optimisation team at the NHS West Kent Clinical Commissioning Group. They will have access to all repeat prescription records and immediate access to your GP practice should the need arise. This is all private and confidential and your personal information is secure. You can continue to use the same pharmacy. If your pharmacy manages your repeat medication on your behalf, and orders prescriptions from your GP this agreement will no longer be valid, your pharmacy should be aware of this change . If you have a current arrangement with a pharmacy to deliver your prescription then this will still continue. Once you have made the telephone call your prescription will be authorised by your usual GP and will then be available from your nominated pharmacy in the time frame normally specified by your practice (usually 72 hours) for collection or delivery
Call NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) on 01474 555800. If you have any queries please contact the team on email@example.com