It is really important to look after our Mental Health. Assess your mental health with the NHS mood self-assessment.
There are a number of local mental health organisations who work to support people in difficulty.
Think Action: Access free NHS counselling - Call 0300012 0012
Visit the HUB - a friendly vibrant wellbeing centre, located in central Tunbridge Wells available to all adults.
Serenity & The Kitchen table: Local cafe's with a focus on supporting peoples mental health
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis please go to the bottom of this page for advice.
How to Access Counselling
You can get free psychological therapies, including counselling for depression, on the NHS. You don’t need a referral from your GP.
- Think Action: The main provider of NHS talking therapy. Call 0300 012 0012 or complete the online registration here
- IESO website: Free Online counselling for patients in West Kent.
- Apps: The NHS has a library of Apps that can help. Headspace and Calm App are two of the most popular.
- Books: A mental health book can effectively walk you through a self directed course. The Overcoming series is recommended and available to buy online.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and are actively suicidal please contact someone urgently.
- Mental Health Matters: Free 24/7 helpline 0800 1070160
- CRISIS team: If you are not currently known to the mental health team but are having a mental health emergency or crisis please call the 24/7 helpline on 0300 222 0123 or text 07860 022819 (8am-10pm).
- Samaritans: a 24-7 helpline. Freephone 116 123
- Community Mental Health Team: If you are already receiving care and treatment from the mental health services you can contact them directly on 01892 709211 (Highlands House).
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.