Support for the Elderly

There are lots of local organisations that want to help elderly people stay active and independant. But if you do need more support and care they can help too. 

Click on the blue words for further information

  • Age UK Tunbridge Wells - an independant charity offering support and services to elderly people. Call 01892 522591
  • Social Services - If you have any care and support needs you can contact the council for a free assessment. Call 03000 41 61 61 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm) or 03000 41 91 91 (outside of office hours - for emergencies only)
  • Good Neighbour Project - provide befriending and balance classes for those at risk of falls
  • Carers First - support for carers and an excellent information hub. Call 03003031555
  • Community Navigator - speak to someone to find out clear information about what local services are available for you to access. Call 0300 0810005 or email the online form on their website.

Dementia Day Care - A daycentre run by Age Uk to allow those living with dementia to enjoy spending time in a group setting. Call 01892 522591 to register over the phone.

Occupational Health - An NHS therapist can visit your home to discuss ways to improve your ability to do everytasks if you are having difficulty. Ask your GP surgery for a referral. 

Health and Social Care Coordinator - A care coordinator can visit you to discuss your care needs and options for accessing care. Ask your GP surgery for a referral.